Your Local Fayetteville Veterinarian Surgical Services
Does your beloved cat or dog require surgery yet you are unsure of where to turn? With so many veterinary clinics out there, finding one that specializes in a wide range of surgical procedures can be difficult. However, if you live in Fayetteville, GA, or surrounding areas, you have come to the right place.
At Fayette Veterinary Medical Center, we understand that your pets are part of your family, and they should be treated as such at all times. This means providing them with routine health care, which includes surgical procedures when needed. We also understand that surgery can be stressful for both you and your furry family member, and we do our best to calm your fears throughout the entire process.
We have been providing pets with the most high quality care for over 35 years, and our trained team of veterinarians are fully equipped to handle virtually every surgical need. In fact, we routinely receive referrals from other veterinary hospitals in the area due to our extensive experience and exceptionally high rate of positive outcomes. Whether your pet needs spaying / neutering, immediate life-saving surgery or anything in-between, we are always happy to help all local pet parents!
Our veterinary surgery services include:
- Spay / neuter – Preventing your pet from reproducing has several distinct benefits. Not only does it prevent their needless suffering and subsequent behavioral changes, but it also eliminates the risk of many serious diseases, including mammary cancer, prostate cancer, and uterine infections. In addition, this is the most effective solution for controlling cat and dog populations.
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA-2) – This procedure is specially designed to repair the cranial cruciate ligament, i.e., the bone that stabilizes the knee joint, in dogs. Although some breeds are more susceptible to this condition than others, it generally develops due to aging and a diminishing stability of the joint. What the TTA essentially does is alter the angle of the ligament to provide additional support to the dog’s knee.
- Fracture repair – Broken or cracked bones are a common problem for both cats and dogs, which can be caused by anything from a minor slip-and-fall accident to serious trauma. It is very important to bring your pet in to a veterinarian to repair the injury and immobilize the affected area to promote faster healing.
- A myriad of other orthopedic and soft tissue surgical options – We will gladly discuss these in detail when you reach out to us for a consultation.
- We also welcome emergency cases!
As your Fayetteville veterinarian, we hope that your pet never needs anything other than routine surgery, yet you can rest assured that your dog or cat is in skilled and caring hands.
Experienced Pet Surgeons
We will always conduct a thorough examination of your pet’s distinct health condition to determine his/her individual needs before, during, and after surgery. This examination will consist of pre-operative blood work, an assessment of risk factors, and vaccination history. If an x-ray is required, our office is equipped with that technology as well.
For the surgery itself, we utilize only the latest surgical techniques and equipment, and we strive to perform each procedure with the care that your pet deserves. We will administer a form of anesthesia that is best suited to your pet’s situation, and we can also provide additional pain medication before and after the procedure – with the pet parent’s consent.
To learn more about our surgical services, please do not hesitate to contact Fayette Veterinary Medical Center today. You can reach your team of Fayetteville veterinarians by phone at (770) 460-0090, by email, or by filling out our online contact form. We look forward to helping your beloved pet live a long and carefree life!