Spaying Services in Fayetteville : Making the right decision
“Spaying” is a term that refers to preventing a female dog or cat from reproducing, which ultimately results in a longer and happier life. If you are looking for a veterinary clinic specializing in spaying across Fayetteville, GA, look no further than Fayette Veterinary Medical Center.
Spaying is a procedure that involves the removal of your female pet’s reproductive organs in order to eliminate the chance for unwanted pregnancies. Slightly more complex than a neuter, spaying is technically called an ovariohysterectomy and requires a recovery period of approximately one week.
The ideal timing of the surgery will greatly depend on her individual breed, age, health condition and other physical attributes, but this is usually around 6 months of age.
As your local veterinary specialist, we are proud to offer spaying as a way to protect female pets from illness and injury, ensuring your peace of mind. There is a wide range of distinct benefits to the procedure, including:
- She will no longer experience heat cycles and thus will not attract the notice of male dogs or cats, respectively.
- She will be much less likely to leave your home in search for a mate, thus virtually eliminating her chances of kidnapping or injury.
- She will no longer be susceptible to many serious diseases, including mammary cancer and tumours, ovarian cancer, uterine infections, etc.
- Her lifespan will be significantly increased – 1-3 years for a dog and 3-5 years for a cat.
- You will no longer be at risk of having to deal with a litter of puppies or kittens, who may in turn prevent a deserving older animal in a shelter from finding a loving home.
At Fayette Veterinary Medical Center, we understand that your canine or feline girl’s health and happiness is important to you, and it is equally important to us! Rest assured that our team of trained and experienced veterinarians will take great care of her before, during, and after surgery.
To learn about our spaying services in Fayetteville or surrounding areas, please do not hesitate to call or email us today. Your local veterinary surgeons are always happy and ready to help!