Neuter Your Pet – Discover the Benefits
“Neutering” refers to a surgical procedure utilized to prevent a male cat or dog from reproducing, thus ensuring his optimal level of health and happiness as well as your peace of mind. If you are looking for a veterinarian offering the neutering procedure in the Fayetteville area, your ideal choice is our team at Fayette Veterinary Medical Center.
Neutering involves the removal of your male pet’s reproductive organs, which, in addition to preventing his ability to reproduce, will serve as a behavioral modifier. A relatively simple procedure, neutering can be performed in under 20 minutes and has a very short recovery time. The timing of when the neuter occurs will depend on a variety of factors, including his specific breed, age, health condition, and more. This is usually around 6 months of age.
At our specialized veterinary clinic, we offer neutering as part of our puppy wellness packages, as this protects him from harm in a myriad of ways. After the neuter, benefits include:
- He will be much less aggressive towards humans and other pets, particularly males of the same species.
- He will no longer feel the need to excessively mark his territory, whether outdoors or inside your home.
- He will be less likely to roam in search for a mate, thus eliminating his chances of kidnapping or injury. In fact, studies show that a substantial percentage of domestic cats and dogs who are hit by cars have not been neutered.
- He will almost completely reduce his risk for many serious diseases, including testicular cancer, prostate cancer and related disorders, etc.
- His life expectancy will be significantly increased – 3-5 years for a cat and 1-3 years for a dog.
As your local specialists in veterinary surgery, we care about your feline or canine boy’s health and happiness as much as you do! That is why we will ensure a smooth and easy surgery, with his health and safety being our top priority.
To learn about our neuter services in or around Fayetteville, GA, please feel free to call us at 770-460-0090 or email us today. Our team at Fayette Veterinary Medical Center is always available to help!